Commissioned by the Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal, The Offerings provides a unique passage into the creative mind of Leonard Cohen. Presented in a darkened room, the piece forms an immersive environment where Cohen's singular voice engages participants in an intimate conversation. On multiple screens, images of Cohen sourced from decades of archival material construct a composite portrait of the artist as he muses on a variety of subjects ranging from his personal writing practice to universal themes of love, humility and spirituality. Issuing from a life of observation and introspection, these offerings present Cohen in his own words and invite visitors to spend time in his contemplative world.
- director/editor Kara Blake
- translator Robert Paquin
- colorist Francis Hanneman
- sound mix Steve Bates
- production assistance Alexandre Larose, Becky Blake, Marites Carino
- archival material courtesy of Leonard Cohen Estate, CBC, NFB, University of Toronto, Tony Palmer, Sony, Dominique Issermann, Stina Dabowski, Bell Media, DR- Danish Broadcasting, INA, Ron Diamond, Arnaud Maggs, Pete Purnell, Larry Weinstein Productions, Armand Zadikian
- Leonard Cohen: Une brèche en toute chose / A Crack In Everything Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal, Nov 09 2017 - April 09 2018