Lasciare Suonare is an audiovisual work tailored to the Screen Mosaic located in the Espace culturel Georges-Émile-Lapalme at Montreal’s Place des Arts. The work combines archival images, recordings and animation to tell the inspiring story of conductor Ethel Stark and the Montreal Women’s Symphony Orchestra. Founded in 1940 and active for 25 years, the group united women from all walks of life to share a passion for making music and made important strides towards breaking down gender stereotypes in the world of classical music.
- director/producer Kara Blake
- co-producer Joanne Robertson
- sound design Sacha Ratcliffe
- animation Brandon Blommaert
- animation Brigitte Archambault
- translation Julie Blackburn
- technical support Philippe Larocque